Comment on page
- 2.Enter your personal and payment information
- 3.Once completed it will bring you to the DO ‘mainhub’
- 1.Click 'API' on the bottom left-hand side menu
- 2.Click ‘Generate New Token’, with default settings, both write and read checked.
- 3.Save your API Token Address in a secure location! Make sure you keep these values secure, anyone with access to them will be able to control your Darknode.
- 4.Move to the next step below
- 1.Follow the below instructions:
- 2.Click Start and type Powershell. Right-click and launch Windows PowerShell as an administrator. Run this command:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart
- 3.This will activate "Windows Subsystem for Linux" optional feature. After this, restart your computer.
- 4.Once restarted, open Microsoft Store and search for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Click on it and from the distribution's page, select "Get".
- 5.Open up Ubuntu app on Desktop once installed and then you will be asked to:
- 6.Close terminal and proceed below
- 1.Open your Ubuntu terminal
- 1.Input password you created above in step 2.5.1.
- 2.Insert this text to install the CLI, by pasting:
curl https://www.github.com/renproject/darknode-cli/releases/latest/download/install.sh -sSfL | sh
- 2.Wait a minute or two. Once successfully installed, you'll see some green text.
- 1.Close and then re-open the Terminal app on your computer
- 2.If everything goes well, you should see 3.1.3 when you run
- 3.Then copy and paste the following:
darknode up --name MY-FIRST-DARKNODE --do --do-token YOUR-API-TOKEN
- 4.Replace ‘MY-FIRST-DARKNODE’ and ‘YOUR-API-TOKEN’ by
- 1.Input a name for your Darknode but make sure it has no spaces in it or is not too long.
- 2.Input your Digital Ocean API Token found in step 1. *Example of what this would look like: darknode up --name darknodesteve --do --do-token 1111aca25cc77d84299e3b8a0f76f2ec33a27b1782adc2a7a96f0468116edf46
- 5.Press enter and wait approximately 3-5 minutes while your Darknode is installed.
- 1.Don’t touch anything, let the CLI works its magic and wait patiently!
- 2.When completed, you will be provided a link (in green) within the terminal.
- 3.If a webpage does not open automatically, please copy and paste the (relatively long green) link into the web-browser, which will take you to the new Command Center!
- 4.Some tips to keep in mind
- 1.If you see "Register Darknode (Public Key Required)". Copy/paste the link directly from Ubuntu, input that into your web browser and all should work well.
- 2.Turn off all ad blockers (and "shields" if using Brave).
- 3.If using a Ledger via MetaMask, make sure your “Contract Data” is turned on.
- 1.Sign into MetaMask and then bookmark your CC Webpage!
- 2.Before proceeding, make sure you have 100K REN in your MetaMask.
- 1.Please be aware you must register using the CC with MetaMask. You can use Hardware wallets via MetaMask but we have seen issues in the past with drivers updates, etc.. so proceed with caution and make sure your contract data setting is turned on.
- 2.Note: One cannot just send REN to your Darknode because this will not cause it to be registered.
- 3.Sign into MetaMask as you normally would and ensure the 100K REN.
- 4.Register your Darknode
- 1.Click the ‘REGISTER YOUR DARKNODE’ button (top left) in the CC.
- 2.Submit your 100K Ren via MetaMask instructions, signing the presented transactions.
- 3.Once completed, you will be notified that your ‘Registration is in Progress’.
- 4.Wait patiently for your Darknode to be fully registered (can take up to 28 days).
- 5.The CC will not function fully until the Darknode has been fully registered, so don't be alarmed if you explore the CC and buttons don't function properly. Just wait to explore until your registration is complete.
- 5.[Very important step!] Back up your Darknode file by inputting this into your terminal and pressing enter:
cp -r .darknode/ /mnt/c/Users/Administrator/Desktop/2020xxxx(Note: Replace ‘Administrator’ with you Windows username). A backup folder will then appear on your Desktop, save this somewhere safe!
- 6.After the (up to) 28 day waiting period, check back on the CC and click the registration button.
- 1.Review the NETWORK INFORMATION tab on the right-hand side of the CC for details. The CC should also note that you Darknode is 'Registered' on the left.