Comment on page
Mac OS & Linux
Attention: Mac computers with M1 chips are now supported as of Darknode CLI version 3.1.0
- 2.Enter your personal and payment information
- 3.Once completed check out our Getting Started on AWS instructions and follow the instructions found below to acquire your Access Keys:
- 4.Once your Access Keys have been acquired
- 1.Download the CSV file containing your access key ID, and your secret access key. Make sure you keep these values secure, anyone with access to them will be able to control your Darknode.
- 1.Open your Terminal
- 1.Open your terminal by searching for 'Terminal' in the 'Launchpad' app
- 2.Click the app to open the Terminal
- 3.Insert this text to install the CLI, by pasting:
curl https://www.github.com/renproject/darknode-cli/releases/latest/download/install.sh -sSfL | sh
- 2.It will take a minute. Once successfully installed, you'll see some green text.
- 3.Now, close the Terminal app and re-open.
- 4.If everything goes well, you should see 3.1.3 when you run
- 1.Re-open the Terminal app on your computer
- 1.Then copy and paste the following:
darknode up --name my-first-darknode --aws --aws-access-key YOUR-AWS-ACCESS-KEY --aws-secret-key YOUR-AWS-SECRET-KEY
- 2.Replace MY-FIRST-DARKNODE and YOUR-AWS-KEY and YOUR-AWS-SECRET-KEY Input a name for your Darknode but make sure it has no spaces in it or is not too long. Input your access keys and secret key found in step 1
- 1.Example of what this would look like: darknode up --name renvmdarknode1 --aws --aws-access-key 5151585151 --aws-secret-key 5818181181818
- 3.Press enter and wait approximately 3-5 minutes while your Darknode is installed. Don’t touch anything, let the CLI works its magic and wait patiently!
- 4.When completed, the CC should open automatically in your browser but you will also be provided a link (in green) within the terminal. If it doesn't open automatically in your browser, copy and paste (the relatively long green link) it into the web-browser. Either way it will take you to the new Command Center!
- 1.Some tips to keep in mind
- 1.Turn off all ad blockers (and "shields" if using Brave).
- 2.If using a Ledger via MetaMask, make sure your “Contract Data” is turned on.
- 1.Bookmark your CC Webpage!
- 2.Before proceeding, make sure you have 100K REN in your MetaMask wallet.
Note: One cannot just send REN to your Darknode because this will not cause it to be registered.
- 1.Please be aware you must register using the CC with MetaMask. You can use Hardware wallets via MetaMask but we have seen issues in the past with drivers updates, etc.. so proceed with caution and make sure your contract data setting is turned on.
- 3.Sign into MetaMask as you normally would and ensure the 100K REN is there.
- 4.Register your Darknode
- 1.Click the ‘REGISTER YOUR DARKNODE’ button (top left) in the CC.
- 2.Submit your 100K Ren via MetaMask instructions, signing the presented transactions.
- 3.Once completed, you will be notified that your ‘Registration is in Progress’.
- 4.Wait patiently for your Darknode to be fully registered (can take up to 28 days).
- 5.The CC will not function fully until the Darknode has been fully registered, so don't be alarmed if you explore the CC and buttons don't function properly. Just wait to explore until your registration is complete.
- 5.[Very important step!] Back up your Darknode file by inputting this into your terminal and pressing enter:
cp -r ~/.darknode ~/Desktop/darknode-backup-2021XXXX(i.e XXXX = A date of your choice). A backup folder will then appear on your Desktop, save this somewhere safe!
- 6.After the (up to) 28 day waiting period, check back on the CC to formally register.
Review the NETWORK INFORMATION tab on the right-hand side of the CC for details. The CC should also note that you Darknode is 'Registered' on the top-left. Step 5: Congrats, you're all done and remember to periodically check on your Darknode.